Cornerstone Mission Statement: Our mission is to grow disciples who will impact the world for Christ.
Ministry Area Purpose: The Children’s Ministry exists to reach children birth through 5th grade with God’s love; teaching them about whom God is and what his son, Jesus Christ, has done for them. We provide a safe environment where parents can drop off their kids and know they are well taken of.
Biblical Basis: In Proverbs 22:6, Solomon tells us to “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he won’t depart from it.” While we believe the primary responsibility of a child’s spiritual nurture is the parents, the local church is there to support and supplement their work. Jesus said in Matthew 19:14 that we should let the children come to him for the kingdom belongs to those like them.
Ministry Strategy: Our strategy is to create a Christian educational environment that is fun, biblically-based and age appropriate for all children. We want them to love coming to Children’s Church and Sunday School! To achieve this, we’ve created bright, clean, attractive rooms. The age-graded curriculum includes biblical stories and history, understanding who God is, what his plan of salvation is, and the command and principles he wants us to live by. We strive to teach children of all ages who Jesus is and what he has done for each one on the cross, causing them to place their personal faith in Christ.
Ministry Programs: Children’s Ministries offers several different ministry formats, including:
- Nursery for children birth – 4 years for both the Worship Hour and Sunday School.
- Children’s Church for children ages 4 – 10 during the second half of the Worship Hour.
- Sunday School classes for ages preschool through 5th grade during the Sunday School hour.
- Annual Vacation Bible School in June for ages 4 – 11 years.
Goals for 2017:
- To reach a fully staffed Nursery and Children’s Church rotation.
- Grow our numbers in attendance in Sunday School.
- Start a new class, bringing our classes to three.
- Reach more in our community through VBS.
- Grow in our relationship with God and our understanding of the bible and applying it to our
Leadership Team: Alicia McLaughlin serves to coordinate and lead as the Deacon of Children’s Ministry. She is assisted by Sabrina Peterson and numerous other ladies of the church.